Friday, January 8, 2010

Goodbye Starz Ohana

I don't even know how to start this post, the tears that held fast yesterday are welling up in my in my eyes as I think about our Starz Ohana. I'm sure there were quite a few people who were thinking, jeez, go already!  I'm thankful for the long (3 month) exit strategy, its given us time to gently extract ourselves. Last night's happy hour made "parting celebration number 3". To some it seems like overkill, but, it's difficult for us. I have been there for 15 years and Dan 13. Contrary to popular belief, Dan and I met at Copper Mountain, 14 years ago with the aid of Bill Leirer. Both Bill and Dan have an affinity for talking to strangers, thank God, or we'd have never met! Over the years, we have shared a lot together in edit sessions: Successes, failures, joy and sorrow. A lot of us have grown up together. We've seen romances blossom. Some now have families and children. Babies have become teenagers, teenagers have graduated college. Some of us have weathered layoffs, some have survived serious illnesses. We've gotten married and divorced. New folks have come, some have gone, and some have come back again. We've gone from 6 linear edit bays, to 8 avids, 5 DS's, and 3 audio rooms, from SD to HD and began the process of going completely file based. I'm glad we brought the camera and took the time (against much chiding from Smally) to go to every edit bay, audio room and graphic room to say goodbye and take pictures.


Thank you everyone for enriching our lives, you will be missed!

P.S. Still learning iMovie and how to post video to my blog, at some point I'm going to figure out why I keep getting huge black edges!

No comments:

Post a Comment